Toronto City Councillor
Ward 22 – St. Paul's
1. Oriole Park Participatory Budgeting Meeting. Monday, April 16, 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Christ Church Deer Park, Elliott Hall, 1570 Yonge Street.
I'm excited to move forward with a pilot project for Oriole Park that will have the community determine future spending priorities for their local green space at a town hall meeting.
I have secured funding for improvements for the park and the adjacent portion of the beltline. This money will be allocated by the community through Participatory Budgeting.
This innovative process will involve proposals by local residents that could include amenities such as community gardens and seating areas or new recreational facilities such as a basketball court, soccer pitch or chess table. These proposals will be costed by City Parks staff and voted on by the neighbourhood.
If you live close to Oriole Park please join us at Christ Church Deer Park, 1570 Yonge St. (entrance on Heath St.) on April 16th 6:30-8:30
2. Friends of the Beltline Clean Up. Saturday, April 21, 9:30 am to 12:00pm. Robert Bateman Parkette, Russell Hill and Chaplin Crescent.
Join your fellow Friends of the Beltline making this neighbourhood treasure as beautiful as it can be. Toronto Urban Forestry will attend and supply gloves and tools. Beverages provided, compliments of Effie & Tony of Second Cup (518 Eglinton Ave. W). Bottled water compliments of Sage Real Estate Ltd.
3. Preliminary Design Open House for Chaplin Station (Crosstown LRT). Wednesday, April 25, 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Forest Hill Collegiate Institute (cafeteria), 730 Eglinton Avenue West.
Metrolinx and the TTC invite you to attend an Open House for Chaplin Station (a stop on the new Eglinton-Scarborough Crosstown LRT line) to learn more about the preliminary station design and the City’s Eglinton planning study, and to share your input with the design team.
For more information visit http://www.thecrosstown.ca/sites/default/files/Open-House-Notice-Chaplin-web.pdf.
4. Rathnelly Area Residents Association Annual General Meeting. Friday, May 11, 7:30 to 9:00 pm. Church of the Messiah, Avenue Road and Dupont.
More information about the Rathnelly Area Residents Association can be found at http://www.rathnellyrepublic.com/.
5. Davisville & Balliol Community Consultation. Wednesday, May 16, 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Christ Church Deer Park, 1570 Yonge Street
The City Planning Department is holding a community consultation meeting about a property development near Davisville and Yonge. The meeting relates to a rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the sites municipally known as 87-107 Davisville Ave and 108-128 Balliol Street for the purposes of a 12 storey rental apartment building fronting onto the south side rental apartment units complete with 285 vehicular parking spaces located in a below grade parking facility. The existing 21 townhouse rental apartment units located on the sites would be demolished to accommodate the proposal. For more information please see the following document: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-45408.pdf
6. South Eglinton Rate Payers' and Residents' Association Annual General Meeting. Thursday, May 17, 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Manor Road United Church (Main Hall upstairs), 240 Manor Road E.
Invited guest speakers include myself, MP Dr. Carolyn Bennett, MPP Dr. Eric Hoskins, and TDSB Trustee Shelley Laskin and TCDSB Trustee Jo-Ann Davis. For more information visit http://southeglinton.ca/.
7. Age Friendly Town Hall/Seniors Forum. Thursday, May 24, 6:00 to 8:00 pm. North Toronto Memorial Community Centre, 200 Eglinton Ave W.
I'm co-hosting this Town Hall with SPRINT to provide an opportunity to discuss how the City of Toronto can support its growing senior population here in North Toronto and across the city. We will be joined by local activist Charlotte Maher, and City Staff who are working on a City of Toronto Seniors Strategy.